Dental Bridges Near Severna Park and Millersville
Does your smile make you uncomfortable? Are you missing any teeth? If so, you may be a perfect candidate for dental bridges. Dr. Brian Valle, P.A. with Functional & Cosmetic Dentistry in Millersville, Maryland, will provide excellent care for your dental needs with professionalism and expertise. He will walk you through the benefits and the process of getting dental bridges so that you can make the right decision for your health.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges fall under the category of Restorative Dentistry. By definition, bridges connect or “bridge” a gap between two teeth where a tooth may be missing. The dentist will fill in the space with an artificial tooth. A dental bridge covers up and protects the gap in your mouth to give it a more uniform appearance.
What are the Benefits of Getting Dental Bridges?
There are a number of both physical and emotionally positive benefits to receiving a dental bridge.
- You will have more confidence in smiling and showing your teeth when they are healthy and well-cared for. Speaking and eating in front of others becomes more comfortable and relaxing since you will not be tempted to hide your mouth.
- A bridge will stop the teeth immediately next to or surrounding a gap from moving or misaligning. The bridge will mitigate any future need for realignment or other oral health issues that can result from the shifting of those surrounding teeth.
- When teeth do shift, that movement can sometimes lead to bone loss. Dental bridges can hold teeth in place so that your facial structure is maintained, and bone loss at the jaw where the gap or missing tooth is located preventable with a bridge.
- If any gaps or missing teeth have affected your speech, a dental bridge will correct those issues and help you to enunciate and speak easier.
What is the Process of Getting a Dental Bridge?
After meeting with the dentist and determining that a dental bridge or bridges are the best course of action, the dentist will decide on the type of bridge for your particular situation. At that point, an appointment will be made to begin the process.
- The first step will be to shape or contour the anchoring teeth by filing them down. These are the teeth on either side of the gap or missing tooth.
- Impressions will be taken of the contoured teeth. These impressions will be used to provide a model for a permanent crown to be made from.
- The dentist will place a temporary crown over each anchor tooth and corresponding gums to protect them until the permanent crown has been fashioned.
- Once the permanent crowns are ready, the dentist will affix them to your anchor teeth. You may have more than one follow-up appointment to ensure a proper fitting and bite so that you have the best fit and comfort possible.
When you require high-quality dental care and bridges, go to the best in Millersville, Maryland. You will receive the care you need to correct and enhance your smile. Dental bridges are an effective solution for when you have a space between your teeth. Go ahead and schedule a consultation today. Give yourself the gift of confidence and health with a new smile.