Root Canal Therapy Near Severna Park and Millersville
When the nerve inside the tooth is affected by infection or decay, one of the best courses of treatment you could go for is Root Canal Therapy. At Dr. Brian Valle P.A., you can make an appointment to check the level of bacteria in the pulp of the teeth and have the bacteria decay and any nerves removed. This will create a space that will then be filled with material to ensure that the tooth is restored to full function. Our dental practice near Severna Park, Maryland, is the place to go if you want to ensure that you get the best possible Root Canal Therapy for your infected teeth.
What Does Root Canal Therapy Do?
If you want to avoid a tooth extraction and keep your tooth for as long as possible, a root canal is the best course of treatment to remove infection and save the tooth. Extraction can be more expensive than a root canal and it can take longer to recover from an extraction than it can from a root canal. Root canal treatment lasts a long time, but there are occasions where a tooth will need to be retreated. This is often the case when an infection recurs, and it’s important to understand that regular appointments with your dentist will help you to avoid this as much as possible.
Signs You Need Treatment
There are plenty of signs and symptoms to show you that you will need a root canal, but it’s also important to note that you can need a treatment even with no signs or symptoms of requiring root canal therapy. Some of the symptoms that you should look out for include:
- A tooth or gum abscess – burst or not
- Cold and heat sensitivity in the teeth and gums that is extreme.
- Toothache that won’t go away
- Swelling or tender areas in the gyms and mouth
Reasons For Treatment
If you notice the signs or symptoms of requiring a root canal, the best thing that you can do is to speak to the experts at the office of Dr. Brian Valle P.A., and book an appointment. Some of the reasons that you may need treatment include:
- Decay has manifested in the living tissue inside the tooth. This affects the pulp negatively and can cause a lot of pain.
- Infections and abscesses form in the teeth or gums and you are tasting the infection in your mouth or you notice redness on the gums
- If you are experiencing these, you need to have the tooth properly cleaned out and filled so that you can feel comfortable.
What Happens During Root Canal Therapy?
There may be more than one appointment involved if you are having a root canal, and it’s important to note that you will need to see your dentist. Your affected tooth is numbed and a rubber dam is placed around it to keep it dry. The infection, bacteria and pulp are all removed and then the space repacked with filling to ensure that you are comfortable and free of pain.