The primary objective of general dentistry is to assist patients in maintaining a healthy mouth and smile. We would rather provide patients with minimal, preventive care than watch them endure more intensive treatments for a problem that was not dealt with promptly. We want to ensure that your oral health is at its best and benefits your body’s overall health. You might not be aware that dental health is crucial in preventing several chronic general health disorders like kidney disease, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. At Dr. Brain D. Valle P.A., your Millersville dentist, we offer our patients a full range of general dentistry services to ensure their overall health.
What is General Dentistry?
General dentistry is the branch of medicine concerned with diagnosing, preventing, and treating diseases of the teeth and gums. A wide variety of comprehensive preventative, diagnostic, and restorative dental services make up general dentistry. While general dentistry encompasses all of these aspects, our method of providing dental care is far from conventional. We are here to monitor and treat oral health concerns to keep you and your mouth feeling and looking fantastic. Our welcoming practice’s staff, led by dentist Dr. Brain D. Valle, takes great care to constantly offer the most relaxing, enjoyable, stress-free, gentle, and convenient experience possible.
What are the Benefits of General Dentistry?
General dentistry can offer many benefits to patients. It can help to prevent or treat a wide range of dental problems. It can also improve the appearance of your teeth and smile. General dentistry may be right for you if you want to improve your oral health. Other benefits include:
- Preventative Care
- Multiple Dental Services
- Early Detection
- Routine Care Under One Roof
Our General Dentistry Services
Whether you require regular dental checkups and cleanings to eliminate plaque and tartar accumulation on your teeth and gums, Millersville dentist can help you effectively handle the problem. Dr. Valle is a general dentist who has received extensive training in all aspects of dentistry. He can offer you and your family a wide range of dental services rather than specializing in just one, including:
- Dental Exams & X-Rays: Routine appointments are necessary to monitor your oral health closely. Whether you’re a new or returning patient, we want to see you every six months for a dental exam and x-rays.
- Dental Hygiene Cleanings: Plaque and tartar are removed from your teeth during a dental cleaning to stop decay and cavities. Even while regularly brushing and flossing your teeth is effective, going to the dentist at least twice a year for a professional cleaning is recommended.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: One essential service offered at our office is routine oral cancer screening. During your routine dental visit, we will examine your mouth and throat for any indications of oral cancer or precancerous tumors. Regular screenings can identify oral and oropharyngeal cancers early, allowing for quick and effective treatment.
- Dental Fillings: A dental filling’s primary function is to “fill” the hole left by decay and reinforce your damaged tooth. Delaying dental visits puts you at risk for cavities developing into tooth decay, which might ultimately necessitate a root canal or possibly result in tooth loss.
- Fluoride: The best available component to help prevent tooth decay is fluoride. Fluoride increases a tooth’s resistance to acid intrusion, which helps to prevent tooth decay. In children and adults, fluoride helps to accelerate the remineralization of newly erupted teeth.
- Dental Sealants: Each person has hard-to-reach areas in their mouth that are difficult to clean with a toothbrush. A plastic resin known as dental sealant adheres to the deep grooves on the chewing surface of your tooth, reducing the likelihood of decay and cavities.
- Dental Crowns: Numerous problems, such as dental decay, fractures, or trauma, can cause a tooth to become compromised or damaged. A tooth that is damaged or decayed can be covered with a dental crown, sometimes known as a “cap.” When we cannot repair tooth structure with fillings or other restorations, a crown protects and strengthens it.
- Root Canals: Root canal therapy is an option if your tooth becomes infected to save your natural tooth and protect against reinfection. Although root canal therapy is quite effective and typically lasts a lifetime, occasionally, a tooth will need to be repaired due to new infections.
- Dental Implants: As a more natural-looking replacement for dentures and bridges, dental implants transform people’s lives. An implant is a titanium post anchor for a dental crown or replacement tooth. The implant process is the least invasive, most natural-looking, and most long-lasting way to replace missing teeth.
Your General Millersville Dentist
We think that the most attractive smiles are always those that are healthy. We can help you avoid major dental issues through the wide variety of general and preventive dentistry services we provide by making accurate early diagnoses and treating oral health concerns before they worsen. To benefit from our services, schedule an appointment right away.